Living frugal and saving money doesn’t mean your life has to be boring. There are plenty of ways to have fun without spending money. You don’t even have to look further than your own house. That’s why I set up this list of 20 cheap date night ideas at home.
20 Cheap Date Night Ideas at Home
Here we go, 15 creative date night ideas during the 2020 quarantine, or just when you don’t feel like going out.
Fun Things to do At Home as a Couple
1. Game Night – Board games, video games, card games, pick whatever you both enjoy playing together. Play a classic like Monopoly or Jenga. Some of our own favorites are Uno, Yathzee, and Codenames: Duet. Go dig through your closet and play an old game you haven’t touched in a while!
2. Bake homemade pizzas – We love making pizzas together! You can make the dough yourself or buy premade dough. Put on some of your favorite toppings and enjoy the pizza party for two!
3. Have a movie marathon – Go for a classic movie night with a snack.
Our favorite way to watch movies is with Amazon Prime. You can instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes with their 30-day Free Trial.
4. Improve your home – I don’t know about you guys, but we have a lot of things at home we would like to change but never took the time to. Doing it together is so much easier and more fun!
5. Complete a puzzle together – working out puzzles can help you improve your memory and it’s a great stress reliever. And you will get some great quality time with your partner!
6. Get crafty – check out Pinterest for some creative DIY craft ideas. You could try decorating coffee mugs, painting each other or creating greeting cards for your loved ones.
7. Have a trivia quiz night – use trivia questions to learn more about each other. This Conversation Cards Game will definitely keep the conversation going. You can also use Google to find some questions yourself.
8. Chocolate fondue – create an affordable at-home high tea with this Chocolate Fondue Mug. Melt some chocolate and dip strawberries, marshmallows, candy and more. Super romantic!
More Cheap Date Night Ideas at Home
9. Have a spa night at home – treat yourself and your partner to a relaxing spa night. Throw on a bathrobe or comfy pajamas, slather on a face mask and relax with a glass of wine. End it with a relaxing massage.
10. Bake some cookies or any other delicious dessert.
12. Make a photo album – take a look at all the pictures you’ve taken over the years and start compiling them into an album. Print them and put them into a hard-cover photo album or order one online.
13. Learn a new language together using Duolingo. Learn a language that you can use during your next vacation together.
14. Surprise your partner with breakfast in bed.
15. Take an online gym class – follow a gym class from your local gym or look up some videos on YouTube.
16. Listen to a podcast together – while cuddling in the morning.
17. Make milkshakes, ice cream or smoothies at home.
18. Candlelight dinner – enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner at home. Prepare dinner yourself or support your local restaurants by ordering food. Candles make everything more romantic.
19. Garden together – spend some time planting and taking care of your garden. If you don’t have one, purchase some plants and flowers to brighten up your living room.
20. Create a couples bucket list – of all the things you want to do together and start saving money.
Like this post? Pin it below
What have been your best home date-night dates?